Who’s on Late Night Tonight in Comedy?
Welcome back to Who is On Late Night Tonight in Comedy on the Interrobang! This week, there’s plenty of laughs on late night television, spotlighted by plenty of political humor and some stand up performances that we can’t wait to see ourselves!
Let’s start our highlights this week on Tuesday. President Trump will finally be delivering his previous delayed State of the Union address to Congress and the nation on Tuesday and some of the more politically driven late night shows are going live with special programming to comment on President Trump’s speech. It’s only fair since Trump will be writing their most of their material for that night.
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert will be live Tuesday night and with the SOTU, the Democratic rebuttal and network coverage all possibly running long, your local news may be starting a little late so the Late Show may not start on time at 11:30pm et. So please set your DVRs accordingly, so that you don’t miss anything. Late Night with Seth Meyers will also be live that night following the Tonight Show on NBC (remember Seth may be running late too) and over at Comedy Central at 11pm, the Daily Show will also have special coverage with The Daily Show with Trevor Noah: State of the Union 2019 Uncancelled.
If turning President Trump into a punchline isn’t what you’re looking for in late night on Tuesday, be sure to check out Conan at 11pm on TBS. Sam Morril will be performing stand up on Conan. He’s been a regularly booked comic on Conan O’Brien’s show, but this will be Sam’s first appearance on the new abbreviated 30 minute Conan. The nice thing about the new shortened Conan is that now we don’t have to wait almost a full hour to get to the stand up! Everyone will be rooting for Sam to have a great set, except of course for his “Keeping Joe” podcast co-star on RiotCast, Joe Machi.
The stand up highlights continue on Wednesday night on the Late Late Show with James Corden. It’s not often that the Late Late Show books a stand up comedian, but we’re thrilled that Wednesday night Corden has one of our favorites on the show. Joe List will be performing on the Late Late Show on Wednesday night. You can catch Joe on Season 2 of the Netflix Series “The Stand Ups” which is available for streaming, and he’s also the co-host of the popular weekly podcast “Tuesdays with Stories” with Mark Normand. Stay up late Wednesday night and be part of what Joe likes to call “Listamania!”
As the week comes to a close, the Tonight Show keeps up its tradition of Friday night stand up with a performance from Nathan Macintosh. Nathan is a Canadian comedy export and America has learned what Canadian comedy fans already knew, and have jumped on the Nathan Macintosh bandwagon. He’s become a fixture at the Just For Laughs comedy festival each summer in his native country, and he’s also performs regularly in NYC and has appeared on Conan, the Late Show with Stephen Colbert and Gotham Comedy Live. Canada’s lost is America’s gain! You can learn more about Nathan Macintosh in a piece from two years ago when Nathan was making the transition from Toronto to New York City. Check out Nathan Macintosh’s interview with Toronto-based comedian Barry Taylor for the Interrobang.
The rest of the weekend is filled with late night comedy with one of the original Pythons, Eric Idle, appearing on Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO Friday night and then Saturday Night Live is back live on Saturday with Halsey doing double-duty as both host and the musical guest on a brand new live from coast-to-coast SNL.
Enjoy staying up late this week!
Monday on Late Night
- Colin Quinn is on the Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm on Comedy Central
- David Spade is on Jimmy Kimmel Live at 11:30pm on ABC
- Matt Walsh is on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:30pm on CBS
Tuesday on Late Night
- Sam Morril is on Conan at 11pm on TBS
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah: State of the Union 2019 Uncancelled at 11pm on Comedy Central
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert Live (after the State of the Union and local news) on CBS
- Late Night with Seth Meyers Live at 12:30am on NBC
- Ron Funches is on Busy Tonight at 11pm on E!
- Will Arnett is on Jimmy Kimmel Live at 11:30pm on ABC
- Billy Crystal is on the Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:30am on CBS
- Drew Tarver is on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:30am on NBC
Wednesday on Late Night
- Joe List is on the Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:30am on CBS
- Tracy Morgan is on Conan at 11pm on TBS
- Phoebe Robinson is on Jimmy Kimmel Live at 11:30pm on ABC
- Jessica Williams is on the Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:30pm on NBC
Thursday on Late Night
- Nick Kroll is on Conan at 11pm on TBS
- Tm Meadows is on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:30am on NBC
- Will Arnett is on the Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:30am on CBS
- Flula Borg is on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:30am on NBC
Friday on Late Night
- Nathan Macintosh is on the Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:30pm on NBC
- Eric Idle is on Real Time with Bill Maher at 10pm on HBO
Saturday Night Live
- Halsey is both the host and musical guest for a new, live SNL at 11;30pm on NBC
Read more comedy news.
The post Who is On Late Night Tonight in Comedy: Week of February 4, 2019 appeared first on The Interrobang.